Choose Green Electricity For Your Home
Renewable Energy Solutions for the Eco-Conscious Consumer
Green electricity plans are perfect for the environmentally aware Texan. Quick Electricity offers residential energy plans that use renewable power sources including solar, hydro, and wind electricity produced right here in Texas. If you’re looking to do your part as a sustainable consumer, choose an electric plan with 100% renewable content.
Compare Green Energy Provider Plans
Compare and choose from our green energy options for Texans. Shop Now.
What is Green Electricity?
Green electricity is used to describe power generation technologies that produce kilowatt-hours without greenhouse gas emissions, and using renewable energy inputs. Solar panels and wind turbines are two examples of green electricity sources in Texas.
Types of Green Energy
- Wind power
- Solar power
- Geothermal power*
- Biomass power**
- Tidal power
- Wave power
*Geothermal power plants produce emissions, since they release underground compounds that are considered air pollutants. However, they produce 97% less sulfur compounds and 99% less carbon dioxide than a fossil fuel power plant of equal size.
**Biomass power plants use renewable biofuels as energy inputs, but they produce emissions due to combustion.
Why Choose Green Energy?
- Selecting a green electricity plan for your home helps reduce the amount of emissions and pollutants released into the environment.
- Renewable green energy utilizes unlimited resources, building a sustainable energy platform for the future.
- The growth of the green electricity sector is creating new jobs where employees are a part of molding America’s footprint.
Learn more about the newest Texas green energy providers.
The Future of Renewable Energy in Texas
- The amount of “green” electricity used in the residential sector has steadily increased since 2006 thanks to providers Green Mountain Energy and Rhythm.
- Wind energy is now the #1 renewable power source in the United States and 2nd in the state of Texas, where wind farms are growing in abundance.
- The renewable electricity sector is expected to grow by more than 50% by 2040. (Source: EIA.gov)