Helpful Tips for Splitting Electric Bills With Roommates
For those of you with roommates, we have also put together some tips for sharing apartment electricity bills:
1. Identify what you are looking for in an apartment electricity company.
Together, sit and list out any must have items and priorities:
- Specify your length of your stay in the apartment. Did you sign a 6 month, 12 month or longer lease?
- Determine your budget. How much money do you have for apartment utilities. Will you be splitting bills with your roommate?
- Write down any other relevant details prior to beginning your apartment electricity search. Can you get rid of any items that use too much power?
Creating an apartment checklist before you proceed will help you visualize which items are the most important in your plan and in your apartment energy provider. Does it make more sense to opt in to a fixed rate plan or a prepaid electricity plan?
Will you split the bill monthly or will you contribute the same amount of money to the account each time you recharge the balance? This is one of the first decisions you will make together as roommates – be sure to start off on the right foot!
2. Next, choose the best electricity plan for your apartment.
Once you find a light company or find the cheapest energy rate near you , it is time to get same day power! If you opted for a fixed rate plan, decide how to split any money down. If you opted for a prepaid plan, simply contribute the same amount to keep things fair as you get started.
Quick Electricity is one of the best energy companies for apartments. We allow you to buy electricity online and offer account access and usage data with a simple login.
3. Finally, discuss your apartment electricity usage often.
With our apartment electricity plans you will receive daily updates on the energy you are using. You can see if certain items or utilities need to be scaled back and can gauge if the energy use is within your budget.
By communicating with each other you will be sure there are no surprises and no payment shortages that could cause sudden lapses in electricity, or disagreements between roommates.
In a deregulated electricity environment, the options can seem overwhelming, but Quick Electricity is here to help you save money and provide you the best service possible. It won’t take much research to find the perfect plan and provider for your apartment electricity plan, and options are a good thing! They give you more power as the buyer.