There are many reasons why our power goes out from time to time. Common causes for power outages include:
- Rolling blackouts or efforts to conserve energy during extreme weather
- Storm damage including fallen trees and downed powerlines
- Forced disconnection due to non-payment or negative account balance
If you’re in good standing with your electric company and your lights go out, it’s likely a neighborhood thing. In this case, it’s best to be patient and try to get updates from news stations or social media. However, if you want to report the the outage, you need to contact your designated TDU, or Transmission and Delivery Company listed below:
- AEP Texas Central (866) 223-8508
- AEP Texas North (866) 223-8508
- Centerpoint Energy (800) 332-7143
- TNMP (888) 866-7456
- Oncor (888) 313-4747
Not sure which utility company serves your area? Call us. We’re happy to help.
If your electric has been shut off by your provider, simply call and request a reconnection. You’ll have to pay a fee, or settle up on your account first.