Texas Prepaid Lights FAQ
New to Texas? Thanks to energy deregulation, many of us are tasked with choosing our electricity provider for our home or apartment.
Prepaid lights, or pay as you go electricity is a convenient alternative to a lengthy energy contract. But how does it work?
Here’s some commonly asked questions, and answers, about Prepaid Lights in Texas.
1. Where can you get prepaid lights?
Currently, prepaid light service is only available in Texas cities that are energy deregulated. Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Corpus Christi, McAllen, Odessa, Waco and over four hundred additional cities have the power to choose their energy provider.
2. How do I change to prepaid electricity?
It’s easy to switch to Texas Prepaid Lights. You can order prepaid electricity online 24/7 or by calling us at 877-509-8946 Monday through Saturday.
3. What documentation do I need to sign up?
There is no credit check required for prepaid energy plans, therefore you do not need a drivers license or social security number to sign up. All you need is a name, address, phone number and $75.00.
4. Does prepaid electricity cost more than normal electricity?
Prepaid lights can cost slightly more than monthly or normal fixed electricity. However, pay-as-you-go energy is good for people that can’t afford a deposit or need the lights on fast.
It’s a short-term solution for many. Others use their prepaid electric meter to cut back on energy usage, which in turn saves money.
Currently, Payless Power is offering to take 20% off your electricity cost when you keep your account balance over $35. This is a great way to get a cheaper rate. Sign Up for Payless Power online 24 hours a day.
5. What happens if I get disconnected by non-payment?
We understand that accidents happen. If you forget to make a payment and your power is shut off, we will not charge you a reconnection fee the first time it happens.
Just give us a call at (877) 509-8946, make a payment of $75.00 or whatever you owe, and power will be restored.
- Call us toll-free at 877-509-8946 or Order Online Now.
- Make an initial payment of $75 with card or cash.
- Pay-as-you-go and recharge as you can.
- Commercial LED Outdoor Lighting
- Home Generators For Power Outages
- Energy Efficient Home Features
- A Review: Tesla Solar Roof and Powerwall
- Top Commercial Building Upgrades
- Save On Your Electric Bill
- Understanding Demand Charges
- How Do Home Solar Systems Work?
- The Texas Power Grid Explained
- Is Deregulated Energy Cheaper?
Quick Electricity Fort Worth, Texas
Monday - Friday 8:00am-9:00pm Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm
Se Habla Español
Payless Power REP#10110
Brooklet Energy Rep #10137